Understanding your needs
Breast lift surgery involves removing excess skin to tighten the surrounding tissue, and to reshape and support the new breast contour. Additionally, the internal breast tissue is usually reshaped as well.
Ignite Medispa has a highly qualified team of Doctors and Practitioners that are experts in their respective fields. Be confident knowing that our doctors are experts in breast lift procedures.
With years of experience, our doctors understand that your needs always come first. This is why we work with you to achieve your desired outcome but also help you understand everything involved with your procedure.
Understanding Breast Lift Surgery
A breast lift procedure aims to raise and firm the breast by removing excess skin and reshaping breast tissue. The procedure will need to take into account the size of your breasts, your desired outcome, your body type, your breast anatomy and skin thickness and elasticity.
Dr Niro Sivathasan, Australia’s Leading Breast Lift Surgeon
3 Things you must know about Breast Lift Surgery
Is breast lift surgery painful?
Things to consider about the pain after surgery:
- No matter the type of surgery, there is always a recovery period.
- Pain is subjective, and may not be accurately predicted between patients.
- The psychological state of a patient may affect the perception and tolerance of pain.
- Different drugs may be taken to minimise the discomfort or pain, especially associated with major surgery.
What are some of the considerations related to Breast Lift Surgery?
It is always best to speak to one of our breast lift experts to discuss the best path towards success. Some of the considerations that will be made when discussing your procedure include:
- Breast volume (total volume and the size relative to the body)
- Skin elasticity and thickness
- Overall position and shape relative to the body’s curves
- The appearance of the torso – liposuction around the tummy and other areas may also improve the relative appearance of breasts
- Lifestyle factors
- Your patience – after surgery, you should abstain from strenuous exercise and gym activity.
Is there scarring after breast lift surgery?
Scars are an inevitable part of any invasive surgery. There is ‘no’ such thing as scar-free surgery as it is impossible to cut skin and to not have a scar!
The correct terms are minimally visible scars (e.g. due to the size) or hidden scars (e.g. due to the location).Having clarified this point, it is also important to remember that the choice is a procedure that considers a patient’s individual circumstances, is key – the right procedure, for the right patient, at the right time!
Accordingly, for many women, a traditional breast lift operation (mastopexy), which involves a lot of cutting and therefore the potential for scarring and reduced sensation around the breasts, is not preferred.In such circumstances, if the breasts are neither overly saggy nor heavy and if the patient has realistic expectations, then it is possible to undergo a modified liposuction approach to conservatively lift the breasts.